Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It Gets Better Project


It Gets Better is an online video channel founded by Dan Savage in September 2010, in response to the suicide of Billy Lucas and a number of other teenagers who were bullied because they were gay or their peers suspected that they were gay.

Its goal is to prevent suicide among LGBT youth by having gay adults convey the message that these teens' lives will improve. Savage wrote, about the founding of the project, "I wish I could have talked to this kid for five minutes. I wish I could have told Billy that it gets better. I wish I could have told him that, however bad things were, however isolated and alone he was, it gets better."


PLEDGE:
Everyone deserves to be respected for who they are. I pledge to spread this message to my friends, family and neighbors. I'll speak up against hate and intolerance whenever I see it, at school and at work. I'll provide hope for lesbian, gay, bi, trans and other bullied teens by letting them know that "It Gets Better."


Videos:

Dan and Terry

Joel Burns

DOs and DON'Ts for Parents

President Barack Obama

Two Mothers


Links:

- Wikipedia

- YouTube

- Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment