Friday, March 11, 2011

2pac Shakur on Religion


…I think that if you take one of the "O's" out of "Good" it's "God", if you add a "D" to "Evil", it's the "Devil".

I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers. That's what they came up with – the bible. ‘Cause if God wrote the bible, I'm sure there would have been a revised copy by now. ‘Cause a lot of shit has changed…I'm not disrespecting anyone's religion, please forgive me if it comes off that way, I'm just stating my opinion…

So, I believe God blesses us…Those that use their minds and those that overall are righteous. I believe that everything you do bad, comes back to you. So, everything that I do that's bad, I'm going to suffer for it…I think heaven is just when you…sleep with a good conscience – you don't have nightmares. Hell is when you sleep, the last thing you see is all the fucked up things you did in your life and you just see it over and over again.

‘Cause you don't burn. If that's the case, it's hell on earth, cause bullets burn. There’s people that got burned in fires, does that mean they went to hell already? All that is here. What do you got there that we ain't seen here? What, we're gonna walk around aimlessly like zombies? That's here! You ain't been on the streets lately? …we're sitting up here in the living room with big screen TV – this is heaven, for the moment. Hell is jail, I seen that one. Trust me, this is what's real. And all that other shit is to control you.

If the churches took half the money that they was making and gave it back to the community, we'd be alright. If they took half the buildings that they use to “praise God” and gave it to motherfuckers who need God, we'd be alright. Have you seen some of these got damn churches lately? There's one's that take up the whole block in New York. There's homeless people out here. Why ain't God lettin’ them stay there? Why these niggas got gold ceilings and shit? Why God need gold ceilings to talk to me?...Why God can't come where I'm at, where he sent me?...that's wrong religion…


No comments:

Post a Comment